Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Most Amazing Sight I've Ever Seen


Rick Schwarz's bar tab at just one of the many bars frequented this past weekend. I think that turns out to be something like a 70% tip.

OIA has the weekend's full recap. All I will say is the image Saturday afternoon of Rick violently parading down that long stretch of 5th street in Midtown (which is full of Starbuckses, bookstores, Asian cuisines/cafes, and other "smart people" places), along with the words coming out of his mouth, will be one for the history books.

UPDATE: I go to 5:30 mass like always but am surprised to find Rick and Pat McCarthy in a pew. Rick is donning a bright red Georgia sweatshirt and says he hasn't been to mass in a decade or so but he's there because he all of a sudden "has a lot to be thankful for". We leave after communion, and as we're quietly streaming out of the church building alongside other parishioners, Rick declares in a much-louder-than-necessary volume: "I don't care what anyone says, I still think that shit is overrated."

1 comment:

HANK said...

If I had that bar tab (which I would never incur unless on business travel) my tip would have been $21.75.