Wednesday, May 03, 2006

"I'll have a gallon of cola"

http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/diet.fitness
I don't know if you have heard about this yet, but they are getting rid of all drinks with sugar in schools. This brings a few things to mind for me. First, I thought that this is a pretty retarded idea because kids can just bring cokes or what not to school and that completely defeats the purpose of this entire thing. Then, I thought that maybe this will help some kids realize, "hey, I am fat as shit and probably should not eat so much or have so much sugar in my diet". Then I realized that I was giving this kids too much credit and that obesity rates will continue to "grow". Haha. When are people going to realize that when they get fat, they look ugly and that most people don't like ugly people. It's a scientific fact.

4 comments:

Patrick said...

It's always someone else's fault. Never the kids themselves. Which is why our public schools are so awful anyway. Everyone loves to blame teachers, "inadequate" funding (even though Catholic schools usually have about half the payroll as public ones), class sizes (even though Catholic schools have up to 30 kids per class), soft drinks, learning disabilities, etc. When are parents going to start learning that their worthless kids are simply lazy and don't want to learn? This is the crux of the matter. If I were president, I would repeal No Child Left Behind, and pass a new bill. It would be three sentences long:

The kids that want to learn will do good. The ones that don't will end up being worthless, which is not our problem. Let's just save everyone money and leave everything alone.

Patrick said...

And I would also add a provision to this bill which would bring the Coach Curley newspaper project back.

TC said...

Diet drinks will still make them fat.

Joe said...

Regardless of who's to blame, nothing brightens my day quicker than the sight of a fat kid.