Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm Lovin' It

Just finished a $2.99 double cheeseburger combo with a coke from McDonald's. It tasted amazing, and the best part is, I'm actually full from it too. I've never understood why folks who claim to be looking out for the poor constantly bash the very companies (McDonalds, Wal-Mart) that help the poor and middle class save money every day. McDonald's not only delivers in the food department, but it has now pissed Starbucks and the intellectual class off by making lattes, capuccinos, and iced macchiatos available to Mexicans and white trash for $1, things only the rich were drinking 20 years ago. Thanks capitalism. Keep on getting bashed by politicians, intellectuals and business incumbents for deliverin' the goods.

Now I know you're thinking "sure, the combo's only 3 bucks, but it's really bad for you," to which I would respond "that's the whole point! bring it on!" Look, here's the deal: all three of my remaining grandparents are in their 70's/80's, and trust me, all three of them are miserable. They hate their lives. I do not want to live nearly as long as them. I want to go out somewhere between 55-65, maybe even earlier if possible. Thanks to McDonald's, I get to save my money now and the taxpayers' money down the road because I won't be sucking off Medicare or Social Security (neither of which are solvent nor will likely be in existence when we reach that age anyway).

2 comments:

HANK said...

This post has been up for a while, but took advantage of this last night.

Even though I was on a business trip and I could have any meal I wanted reimbursed, I choose the $2.99 meal. To good to pass up.

HANK said...

*Too good to pass up.