Monday, February 04, 2008

The Irish Hurricanes Gael Force Run


Gentlemen, The date has been set. The inaugural Gael Force Run will take place on Thursday, March 13th at 6pm. This time was selected not in spite of its proximity to the parade day, but because of it. Many Hurricanes live out of town and this allows them the opportunity to come and compete. This will also afford our run and our group the public exposure they so richly deserve. This run is not meant to be merely an athletic competition, but also an exhibition of buffoonery. That being said, costumes and flair are strongly encouraged.

I've posted the map of the course, which is the exact same as the 2007 St. Patrick's Day Parade route. The only refreshment stop is Skyler's, which has been noted on the map for your pre-race planning purposes.

The rules for this race are as follows:

  1. Runners must stick to the parade route. No cutting through squares. The barricades should be up anyway.
  2. ALL runner's must stop at Skyler's and chug one beer before continuing the race. No travelers.
  3. The runner who finishes last must purchase no less than four cases of domestic light beer for all runners to enjoy at the post-race social.
  4. Runners who choose to compete without flair in their dress and/or demeanor will be teased mercilessly.

All members and pledges are expected to attend.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genius.

Unknown said...

Wow.

Snuffy said...

The night before the parade is not a good time for this. There's too much going on. And since I will probably be last, I am not spending $100 on beer. I propose that the loser (me) buys a round of PBR tallboys at Pinkie Master's following the race.

Joe said...

Snuffy, you're counting yourself out of the race before it's even begun. If I were you, I'd be recruiting others to race who I knew I could beat. So, get Ryan to race.

Also, the reason this date was selected was because there is so much going on. We want this to be out in the open. Picture running though downtown, crowds of people everywhere, and there we are dressed like jackasses and running a footrace that includes a mandatory beer stop. Out-of-towners will look on with amusement or annoyance. It doesn't matter. LIke a said in the post. This will be an exercise in buffoonery.

I'm open to changing the stakes, as that's not what's important. I'm sure some will be of the opinion that if you don't want to buy beer, run faster.

HANK said...

I think Snuffy is a St. Patrick's Day snob.

Lighten up.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Stephen. Stop being such a punk, Snuffy.

Anonymous said...

Ooops. I mean Hank.

David Cuntfunkel said...

this is completely gay

HANK said...

Who is "Stephen?"