Monday, January 09, 2006

It's Time...

...to play America's new fastest-growing game show: "Who Will BC Hire?"

Here's how it works: everyone submits who they think will be hired as the Cadets' new head football coach. Winner gets a free trip to Summer Waves in Valdosta, a gift certificate for a free order of Wing-Zings at Carey Hilliards, and an autographed picture of O.C. Welch.

Since this is my idea, I have the luxury of making the first pick. Drum roll please....

I think BC will hire Bob Herndon, currently head coach at South Effingham. He's a BC grad, and was sitting next to Coach Walsh at the last home basketball game.

Somehow I have the feeling I'm the only person who will be playing this game. Whatever, more wing-zings for me.

5 comments:

Joe said...

I'd say Dick Vermeil. I know he just retired from the Chiefs, but I doubt he'd quit crying long enough to get any coaching done.

Michael said...

I got this one. Terrence Hennessy. Of course, upon the announcement, he would probably keel over from a massive heart attack, having his life's dream fulfilled and all.

Pinkie said...

I would say Herndon, but, for the sake of argument, I'll go with Karl Demassi from Groves High School. I've heard rumors in the past that he has expressed interest in the BC job.

I am curious to see if this search will get more publicity in the SMN than Georgia Southern's.

tim said...

I bet they do something BC-like and hire someone that is already in the program. I think that would be a mistake, but I bet that's what they do. It would be nice to get some new blood in that stale Varsity locker room.

HANK said...

As we all know, Orsini is on Coach Walsh's naughty list after he left BC for Charleston when his jackass son got kicked out. After Chumley sp? left, Orsini is the only one capable, I believe, to be head coach. Chumdog won't be coming back after his first year as head coach of the "Red Raiders". Dragon is too young and Terrance is, well, Terrance.
I believe our only hope is the SEHS coach or that Groves coach. Who knows, Walsh may have a light bulb and try to recruit someone from out of town.
But, knowing Fr. Jude (aka the Dark Lord) BC might be the first high school in GA to hire a women coach. What an evil son of a bitch.