Friday, June 30, 2006

Sand Gnats & Superman

I knew already that I was bringing my dad to Grayson to see some below-average, single A ball on Saturday. What I did not know is that it will be a double-header starting at 5:00. How do you top that? With fireworks after the second game. You have to join us.

God bless Savannah.

Post Script: I couldn't end on such a positive note, so I'd like to add something about Superman Returns. Maybe if you're lucky I'll write a full review after everyone has seen it so that I can fully explain what was so wrong with a choice they made. But even worse is a scene that I saw in the trailer that never hit me until after I saw the movie. Perry White says, "Does he still stand for truth, justice...all that stuff?" I love that America (or just Hollywood) is so fargone and cynical and drama-queen liberal that they can't have him say, "The American Way."

That IS Superman. He's an American icon. He's supposed to be the ultimate do-gooder boy scout. There's even a little in-joke in that same scene where Perry wants the reporters to find out about his "lifestyle." All this media crap about Superman being gay is such a great example of what is wrong with the media/Hollywood mindset of our country these days. To take such a pure symbol of what is right and to just soil it with pathetic, snarky, dark-rimmed glasses, yankee smarminess is pathetic and disgusting.

Here is a link with the screenwriters addressing this issue. I really hate them and what they did to Superman.

2 comments:

TC said...

I won't see it. Absolutely will not see it. I hate other countries.

Joe said...

If you think about it, Superman isn't American, he's from Krypton. Superman is an immigrant, and an illegal one at that. I don't recall him being naturalized. Does he pay taxes? Or does the Daily Planet pay him cash under the table?