Monday, September 03, 2007

Dragon*CON!!!



















This labor day weekend is Dragon*Con in Atlanta. Dragon*Con is America's largest, multi-media, popular arts convention focusing on science fiction and fantasy, gaming, comics, literature, art, music, and film. I am not downtown anymore, but my wife has given me updates on the totally sweet gamers. The point is: I am tired of people saying that "we'll be working for these people one day." We were always told that the nerds will be running the world, but I am of the opinion only a couple of nerds (Steve Jobs and Bill Gates) are really doing that well. The rest are in Atlanta dressed up like Harry Potter or Star Wars or Lord of the Rings.

5 comments:

Chris said...

No, we will not work for timid nerds on day. Why? Because timid nerds cannot manage people. Anyone who has ever read Dilbert knows that managers (in almost any business) have a reputation of being nearly functionally retarded in their line of work. This is because their job is to organize the nerds in such a way as to turn the maximum profit for the company, and you don't have to know how to write software code to do that. So, while certain nerds with valuable skills may make more money than me, they will never be our bosses.

Anonymous said...

What character is the guy in the purple and green supposed to be?

Unknown said...

What a bunch of losers

Ryan said...

Jennifer,

Martian Manhunter.

Wait, I mean...I have no idea. Yeah.

Unknown said...

Is it weird that I think the picture of the girl in the Camo and stockings is hot....