Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Stan Mikita's Doughnuts

The owner of the Chicago Blackhawks died today, and the very first thing I thought of after reading this was to check the Blackhawks message board. I wanted to see how honest the fans would be in their reactions, because the owner, William Wirtz, was pretty much hated intensely by the Blackhawk fans for various reasons. He was notoriously stingy when it came to free agents and refused to show the home games on TV, for example.

The first place I went was the offical board, but I was very disappointed with the amount of "my prayers are with his family" and "sorry to hear about his family's loss." I then went to the ESPN board and was given some keen insight into a hockey fan's mind. I really love this:

"Screw Wirtz I hope he burns in hell. The way he wrecked this franchise not to mention the NHL in general. Now maybe the Hawks can come back to the top as a franchise in the Chicago area. People in this city used to love hockey and loved the Hawks but with Wirtz around they finally gave up. Now maybe the fans can come back and this ONCE PROUD orginization can regain its foothold in the hearts of Chicago's fans. Ding dong the witch is dead!"

Re: " wow, i was coming here to post my feelings on this but this post is exactly word for word what i was going to say. I couldn't agree more. Good riddance and I hope he suffers for eternity in he!! for what he did to the Hawks."

No comments: