Thursday, December 03, 2009

Back in Business



It's official. We're in 5A. Just like the good old days. Thank you Snuffy, Coach Stroud, Ms. Youngblood, and anyone else who had any influence in the making of this decision. I can take the poll down now.

Unfortunately, Camden is staying in region 3, and we're not splitting subregions with them. But hey I'll still take this any day over what we've had the last 6 years. Plus it gives the region at least some legitimacy. It is also interesting to note that for the first time in history, St. Vincent's Academy will not follow BC and will remain in AA.

The New Region 3 AAAAA:

Div. A
Beach
Benedictine
Camden County
Groves
Savannah Arts Academy

Div B
Bradwell Institute
Jenkins
Johnson
Savannah
Windsor Forest

8 comments:

Pinkie said...

With only 9 football-playing schools, I'm wondering if the region will be subdivided for football. The GHSA bylaws state that regions with 10 or more teams must be subdivided. If it stays subdivided, we can forget hosting a home playoff game in the near future.

Patrick said...

Who the hell is Will?

Ryan said...

Fantastic. But it makes me realize how cynical I am. Currently I'm experiencing an "I'll believe it when I see it" feeling.

Patrick said...

Jew.

BCSAV said...

If the region stays subdivided for football, BC could go 2-8 and make the playoffs. There is no reason whatsoever to have sub-regions.

Barstool69 said...

no way they have subregions

Patrick said...

I just now realize I made a colossal mistake this morning when posting this. The song is correctly titled "back in business" but corresponds to the part in the movie when Dick Tracy is framed and arrested, leaving the gangsters free to roam the city. This was not my intention.

I'm pretty sure there is another montage/song that is played when Tracy is finally let out of jail and starts kicking everyone's ass again, arresting everyone, etc. I thought that montage was the "back in business" one. Please forgive me.

HANK said...

What does montage mean?