Wednesday, December 09, 2009

"The List": Decade Edition -- 2000, Part 1

Anyone who lived on 323 S. Church street knows the importance of "the list."  Well, this time around, for sentimental purposes, I thought it would be appropriate to "list" the decade and its events.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, you soon will.  Basically what we'll do is split each year into halves, where "part 1" encompasses January - June, and "part 2" means the rest.  I will then list inside jokes, catch phrases, people, songs, sports events, bars, and more inside jokes that were relevant at the time (chronologically, if possible).  I need everyone's help in adding to the list to flesh things out as much as possible, because everyone has different but valuable perspectives/memories from the same time periods.   

I know most of ya'll are thinking all this reminiscing is a childish and gay idea, especially for someone who's almost 3 years away from being 30 years old.  Well guess what, don't really care.  I don't think any of us have matured at all these last 10 years so now is no time to start.  

Anyways, enough talk. Let's go ahead and kick things off with Part 1 (January-June) of the Year 2000.  Here we go...

Y2k

Piggly Wiggly

Sir Dunks A Lot

What A Girl Wants

Silly Mad CD's

Larry Schmidt 3-pointer against Jenkins

Kyoto Express/YMCA football half-days

If ya wowna gowta jawga...

Spring Break #1

Ring Day 

Spring Break #2

"Sweet"

More Cowbell

Chief Carl

The Fields

Who Wants to be a Millionare

Chief, how can I sign up for Honors JROTC IV

Ms. Harris

Survivor

Rhett Colleran

Thong Song

Blue Light Rain

Scarlett Letter

American Psycho

Relay For Life

Prom at the Westin

Tybee Straits

Smith for treasurer

Bye, Bye, Bye

Natural Light

Charlie's Cheesesteaks

Porto-tipping

14 comments:

Snuffy said...

Great job! That brought back some fond memories. I'll try to add to the list.

Rollin' On the River.

Yerrrrrr...

Maher stares down the entire senior class after lunch.

Ryan shaves his head.

Moose and the blue limo (only Tim knows about this).

Snuffy said...

Yeck's motivational speech for the AP U.S. History exam.

Holy Father Benedict, a man of God, blessed in name and in deed.

Patrick said...

Tippy Canoe

Mole Day

Brooks Zeiger/Jack Holmes dance-off at Relay for Life

HANK said...

TC's beach house.

Mark's beach house.

The Holland's beach house.

HANK said...

"Hank, I'm carrying your child."

Snuffy said...

MLA formatting.

Meinrad's survey.

"You slam dunked it, Chief!" - CDT/SFC Cusatis, LET III

I thought the Zeigler dance-off was senior year, and I don't remember Jack Holmes being involved.

Hank signs should be in 2000, Part 2.

HANK said...

Lindsay Gritsmaker

Patrick said...

"You know, when I was 6 years old, my father told me there was no Santa Clause. And I asked him, 'Well Dad, have you pulled on his beard lately?' Hi I'm Ryan Smith, and I'm running for treasurer."

HANK said...

Ganesh

HANK said...

Southbridge, Mona, Steven Doan, Meghan Neher.

Patrick said...

Woah, woah, woah slow down Hank. All in good time. Neher/Arvind's house did not enter the picture until senior year. We'll get there, just hang on. Jesus.

Joe said...

"Mrs Younglood?"

Continues reading Scarlett Letter...

"Are you really going to read us the whole thing?"

Continues reading Scarlett Letter...

"Oh my God, she is."

tim said...

Man, moose and the blue limo. That was a night from hell. Snuffy, Gordon Manner, Matt Phillips and I all locked in at Tybee Straights by Ms. Neher because she thought we would ditch our dates.

tim said...

Just for the record, pretty sure "yerrrr" faded out by the turn of the new century. "Hank" was still going strong and "sweet" and "he's a queer" followed by "I heard he's queer" were starting to come to the forefront. I would also like to include Larry Schmidt failing a drug test and no one knowing about it as a follow up to his 3 pointer against Jenkins.