Thursday, December 17, 2009

MAR'S Nomination:Chris Connolly


Being a former winner of this prestigious award given out each New Year's eve, I wanted to make a splash in my first year nominating . So, I went to the drawing board and came up with only one name that graduated from BC, and made it to 8 Straight Proms. Yes, this would be the one, the only, Cris Connolly.
Chris was born in Savannah, GA back in 1979. He was raised Catholic, attended Blessed Sacrament and graduated from BC in 1999. His first year of college was spent in beautiful Knoxville, Tennessee as a Volunteer. After one year of living the dream away from home he returned to Armstrong to reconnect with all his friends and make new ones.
I knew Chris a little at BC, but I got to know him through Randy Gill out one night at Spanky's on River Street in the summer of 2001. Ever since then, there has been nothing but classic stories filled with improbable circumstances, finished off with some of the best quotes known to man. I know I can't share them all, but here is a glimpse of a classic:
-The Blowup Doll Summer 04: Connolly brings a blowup doll with him to the pier on Tybee. He busts out with "bitch I told you I did not want to eat there tonight" this leads the to doll being slugged onto a tybee police car....I forgot what happen after that
-Statesboro 03: Connolly gets a hatchet thrown at him by Charlie Webber. You had to be there to see how close that was from being disastrous
-Athens fall of ?: Sees a drunk guy telling a waitress "I want 10 Yeager bombs, riggggghtttt now" This would be a line he would use at the bar for many years to come.
-Proms: Attneded SVA prom from 1998 to 2005.
-Citizen Patrol: Caught someone stealing at the Stagg Shoppe and he chased him down in the Macy's parking lot. Who needs mall security when Connolly is around?
- Karaoke..... The man is relentless with a mic in in hands, belting out such classics Livin on a prayer, The Weight, Love Shack and I Touch myself.
-Classic Quote:"Bottle of Crown $27 Dollars, Burberry Scarf $110 Dollars Flossing a Scarf between your legs at the office Christmas Party, while dancing and singing to the song "Touch Myself" By Divinyls. PRICELESS !!!!!"- Connolly
Enough said!

7 comments:

PMac said...

The hatchet incident was one of the damnest things I've ever seen. One of many interesting things to happen at that house in Statesboro.

Calvary Fan said...

Ha, I work with this guy now. I didn't grow up with the guy or anything, but good choice in nominating him, especially since he's the only one I know.

HANK said...

Shut up Calvary Fan.

Calvary Fan said...

Relax Hank, drink a beer or something.

tim said...

"If you can't *uck one, *uck them all."
-To a Blind Pig waitress circa 2002

It makes no sense at all. Don't even try to reason with that statement.

Patrick said...

How about the time Connolly brought a prostitute to midnight mass at St. John the Baptist Cathedral?

Brian said...

There are so many stories.

The time he stopped at a goat farm on the way up from Savannah and bought a billy goat to Athens.

The time he stumbled into the wrong house and passed out on our neighbors sofa ( we didn't know our neighbors..)