Thursday, June 09, 2005

Bathroom Politics

Posted inside the bathroom at the MPC building is a notice that reads:
In order to avoid clogging the commode, please flush waste and toilet paper seperately. This is necessitated by the low water level imposed by state regulations to conserve water.

It seems to me that two flushes from a water-conserving toilet would use more water than one flush from a standard toilet. However, I have no data to support my claim. Let me get something down on paper and I will reply back with my results.


2 comments:

Pinkie said...

Well, it looks like I was wrong. Apparently a standard toilet uses 3.5 gallons of water per flush while a water-conserving toilet only uses 1.6 gpf. Therefor, two water-conserving flushes use less water than one standard flush.

Michael said...

That's deep, no pun intended.