Monday, June 20, 2005

A New Chapter

Bought me a new pair of Sperrys the other day, using the $50 I won on the McBride-Tyson fight last week (me and Will had the same bet, only I really did "need a new pair of shoes"). They were on sale at Dillard's. This time, I didn't go with the popular "Authentic Original" model but instead invested in a pair of the more durable "Mako" model, shown below in the same "Amaretto" tone that I chose. These are the same color as my old ones, but will probably last a few years longer.



Trust me, these new Makos are really hot right now. When I wear them, you can hear them scream "hey, I'm 22, I've graduated from the original UGA frat boy boat shoe, and I'm moving on to bigger and better things in life (like earning minimum wage at a Savannah law firm)."

2 comments:

HANK said...

I don't know about the Makos being so hot. I remember an incident at GA "shit-hole" State University's Olympic Village. As I was casually walking to my dorm room after a GA Tech football game/Jim Beam binge, a perturbed group of RA's positioned at the elevators requested to see my room key. I held it high in the air for all to see; but ahh, to no avail. A young women went on to say... "That's not good enough, bring that key over here." After the key inspection the same young women pronounced "you never can trust a boy with boat shoes!" I was wearing Sperry's at the time.

Anonymous said...

At least they aren't pink...