Friday, April 07, 2006

Rock 'n' Roll Dreams Come True

In what may be the beginning of the next great phase in popular music, I have have posted an ad in both Craigslist.org and the classifieds section of Flagpole in an effort to form a band. My craigslist ad, which you can find at http://atlanta.craigslist.org/muc/149139509.html, reads:

Guitarist seeks musicians for big, dynamic rock band

I'm a guitarist/songwriter looking for a drummer and any other musicians to form a band with a big, dynamic rock sound such as The Smashing Pumpkins, Trail of Dead, and Springsteen & the E Street Band. Any instrument is welcome! If you're interested, or have have any questions, please email me at rsmith4002@gmail.com.

This free listing will be on the website for 45 days. A condensed version will appear in the Musicians Wanted section of Flagpole for two weeks, starting Wednesday. I've already received a reply to my craigslist post, but it was some guy wanting me to replace the lead guitarist in his crappy band. I told him, "Look, buddy, you've got your hopes and dreams, and I've got mine. Let's shoot for the stars on our own paths, but under the same sky..."

Who knows if the next 2 weeks will bring anything, but I had to take off the panties I've been wearing for so long and man up. Have you ever seen how Chris Martin from Coldplay always writes "Make Trade Fair" on his piano hands so that everyone sees his agenda? That will be me, but with "bmbs.blogspot.com" instead. Okay, I'm gonna go sit in the corner and think about my role as That Weird Kid.

2 comments:

Pinkie said...

What about Jimmy Seawright and the Seersuckers? You've sold us out, Ryan.

TC said...

good luck, ryan. i hope you find stupid hippies that will play music with you