Thursday, May 21, 2009

Boog vs. Chip

I was flipping channels between American Idol (Gays vs. the rest of America) and the Braves game on Sports South last night. Braves won and the rest of America won, but I digress. Joe Simpson has been a great analyst since Turner picked him up in '92. He is doing all the games this year (unless Fox or ESPN picks up a game), but he switches between Peachtree TV with Chip Carey and Jon "Boog" Sciambi on Sports South. I think Boog does a great job, better than Chip, and he and Joe have a great chemistry. Boog has a cooler nickname, too. I want to call someone Boog. Snuffy kind of looks like Boog. Maybe I'll call him Boog. Chip has one thing going for him: he shares the same nickname as the single best wrestler in the history of BC wrestling, Chip Anderson.

Baseball is a story-telling game. Boog and Joe related the catcher's gear to the Wizard of Oz's tin man and Sigourney Weaver's outfit in the Alien movie, and it kept me watching a 12-1 game.

Tonight: Cheney vs. Obama. Patrick will be tweeting his thoughts the whole time.

4 comments:

Snuffy said...

TC is on fire!!!!!

David Cuntfunkel said...

The nickname comes from his resemblance to Boog Powell.

Does anyone want to see Star Trek with me?

David Cuntfunkel said...

sweet post

Ryan said...

Great points. I think Joe has really stepped up his dry humor and stuff this season to accommodate for the loss of Skip. I like both Boog and Chip, because they both offer that kinda dopey, enthusiastic approach to the game. But I still wouldn't stick around for a 12-1 game.