Friday, August 18, 2006

Vox Populi: Gems of the Week

In trying to find my niche here at BMBS, I’ve decided to give myself a weekly column: Vox Populi Gems of the Week. I aim to highlight the dumbest of the dumb things people say to Vox Populi. Now, for the pilot episode (if you will), here are your Gems of the Week.

Third Runner-up:
"Some cars are so small that I wonder where to put the quarter in to make it go."

- Aren’t you clever. I’ll bet that joke killed in the break room at WalMart.

Second Runner-up:
"With almost 6,000 people applying for Section 8 housing in Savannah, if they have three family members that would be 18,000 people needing government support. This is in addition to those already here. Who is going to pay for that?"

- Good question, concerned citizen. My answer? People who work. Also, your math sucks. If you have 6,000 people, each of whom have three family members, that would be 24,000 people needing government support. Stay with me here:
6,000 applying
3 * 6000 = 18,000
6,000 + 18,000 = 24,000
Dummy.

First Runner-up:
"If the men of Savannah would get out and be men, they could stop these punks from assaulting our women and children. We wouldn't even need police and they could go back to writing parking tickets."

- I don’t even know how to respond. You’re an idiot.

And the Gem of the Week:
"We went to the Sand Gnats game and the heat in the stadium was unbearable. Why can't they purchase a few industrial fans with the proceeds from the ridiculously overpriced concessions?"

- Wow. You must be from the north. You’re in an outdoor stadium, in Savannah, IN AUGUST. If you don’t like hot weather, stay home. And overpriced concessions? It’s a minor league ball park you cheap bastard. Spend a couple extra bucks. Consider it a complaint tax, yankee.

2 comments:

tim said...

Finally! Someone who hates Vox Populi as much as I do. I mean are you that big of a pussy that you can't attach your name to your lame ass comment. Also, the industrial fan idea is retarded. They have those at the Green Jackets games in Augusta and they don't work at all.

Ryan said...

Joe, keep doing these. I never read Vox anymore, so this is a good Greatest Hits. Yeah, that last one kills me. Like Grayson Stadium has enough money for ineffective industrial fans, let alone to pay their staff. I love transplanted yankees.