Wednesday, April 06, 2005

2005 World Series Champions

Though our Atlanta Braves smooched a fat bone on Opening Day, there is no reason to doubt our imminent success this season. Except maybe for these new uniform changes.

This is the new hat and jersey that the Braves will be wearing for the 13 Sunday home games this year. First time changing the uniform since 1987.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The hat isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's essentially the same as the spring training/batting practice one, but it's better because it's not that ugly mesh like the other ones.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The jersey I'm not a fan of. Do we really need another red after the Cardinals, Phillies, Red Sox, Nationals, Reds, etc.? It reminds me of Kool Aid. The red tomahawk against the red jersey is the main mistake here. But I'm not gonna forget to wipe because of it; no big deal.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Hey my name's Ryan Smith and I started liking baseball for the first time less than a year ago.

I didn't even know it when the Braves won the pennant back in '95, because I was too busy listening to "Tales of a Scorched Earth" on the "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" album by the Smashing Pumpkins. The world is a vampire.

Pinkie said...

I agree with you on the red jerseys. As for the hats, I think they would look better if the bills were navy as well.