Friday, April 29, 2005

The Point is Ownership



I was relieved when I learned that all of you wouldn't be able to watch that worthless QC show because W felt like giving a press conference.

Overall, I think he had some good things to say on social security, but he needs to stop talking about long-term solvency (people don't care about what's gonna happen 45 years down the road) and instead focus on OWNERSHIP. Americans should be able to keep the money they earn and invest it how they want to. Individuals are empowered when they are freed them from dependence on government handouts and are then made owners instead. They become in control of their own lives and destinies and of their own retirement.

That having been said, it's Thursday night in Athens, and I'm about to go "own" a 2 dollar Guinness at the Winery by myself.

No comments: