Monday, February 27, 2006

Tony's Our Man




















Hail Tony Ryan!
You'll be the best and grandest marshall of all.
Hail Tony Ryan!
On March the Seventeen you'll be walkin' tall.

Wearing his sash,
And heading up the big parade.
Hail Tony Ryan!
The grandest marshall ever made.

Tony's our man.
He'll ably represent the whole Irish clan.


We salute Tony, our man!



If you ever had Mrs. Bernadette Winters as a music teacher, then you know this song. I have forgotten a few lines, but you get the point. Ryan's election is no surprise, considering he ran unopposed. He is the fourth in his family (behind his uncle, father, and brother) to be elected Grand Marshall.

2 comments:

tim said...

I just wanted to point out that his grandson Kevin looks exactly like Frankie Nunez(Malcom in the Middle). I actually have the kids number in my cell phone and will drunk dial him sometimes just to hear "Malcom" catch phrases. Also, did Mrs. Winters teach music somedays at St. James and some days at BSS or was she at SJS for a few years and then BSS for a few years. Because I remember her from early on at SJS, but I don't think she was there come 7th and 8th grade.

HANK said...

Will,

..."He'll represent the greatest parade in the land, as only he can.

Wearin' his sash with dare and do it with dash!"

I believe those are the next few lines. I might be wrong. I sang this song during my druggie years.

Tim,
I think Bernadette did teach at BSS and SJS during the same period. She came to our school about twice a week. I think I remember her telling us she also taught at SJS when we made her cry. She also stopped coming to BSS around middle school... then we got some hyppie blond chick.