Friday, April 20, 2007

Welcome Chris Lane to BMBS

Finally a true original of the human race has joined our ranks at Beach Music and Boat Shoes. There have been other attempts in the past to get Chris Lane to join this blog, but none have stuck. When asked about these invites, Mr. Lane responded, "Was it in email? Because I signed in one day to my email and had 275 messages in my inbox. So I just deleted them all without looking." This, friends, is a nice analogy for Mr. Lane's approach to life and life's approach to him.

Usually this is where someone like Pat recites the member's accomplishments at BC and other notable details in the honoree's life, but I can barely recall which classes I took senior year, so I won't be doing that (feel free to try in the comments). What I do know is this: On what was supposed to be his last day at the Publix in Atlanta, Chris called in sick so he could go to a Braves game that night. Problem: Unaware that he was choosing to get blackout drunk at a baseball game, his co-workers had passed around a card to sign and had a cake made. Of course, someone caught him having a good old time on the TV broadcast that night and told everyone else.

Welcome, Chris.

7 comments:

Joe said...

Welcome Chris.

Mr. Lane my just be the shot in the arm this blog needs to reach that next level.

What level that is, I don't know.

Patrick said...

Woah, woah wait a minute. I was supposed to do the introduction and all that. Plus mine was going to be a hell of a lot funnier than yours, Ryan.

Ryan said...

Maybe if you weren't so busy studying up on how to accuse lacrosse players of being rapists, you would have gotten to it first. Besides, I was the GM who found the free agent. You're just the corporate prick who signs the checks.

tim said...

Yeah, fucking suits.

tim said...

Also, what ever happened to voting new members in? I would have voted "yes", but I still think we should go through some formalities on this blog. I guess this is Pat's next step into making this blog all his own.
I leave you with some important quotes from a very fine piece of cinema regarding this matter:
"So, this is how democracy dies. To thunderous appluase".
"Whatever happened to democracy!"

Ryan said...

"And from my point of view the Jedi are evil!"

tim said...

"Then you truely are a Sith lord."