Monday, April 09, 2007

Run Fred, Run

I am having a severe case of buyer's remorse after endorsing Giuliani for president a while back. Not only did I not know he was going to come flat out last week and say he'd support taxpayer-funded abortions as president, but I also didn't think Fred Thompson would seriously be considering a presidential run.

If Thompson throws his hat in the ring, I'm much more likely to support him than Rudy. Without Thompson, we have without a doubt the worst Republican field since God knows when. McCain called Bush's tax cuts a giveaway to the wealthy and wanted to be John Kerry's running mate in 2004. Romney can't go an election cycle without changing his position on something. And Giuliani constantly denies that unborn children have a right to live.

Thompson strikes me as someone who can successfully and honestly articulate a conservative response to everything the left tries to throw at us. But he needs to step up soon and make a decision before it's too late. Newt needs to do the same.

4 comments:

HANK said...

What about Jimmy Ray?

PMac said...

"Cold Beer" Jimmy Ray would be a fantastic candidate. Former BC Cadet and former Marine.

Patrick said...

Famous Jimmy Ray quotes, all heard at 3:13 in the morning on Bay Street:

"I'm not an asshole, but I can be."

"We're all in this shit together."

"You call me 'Mr. Ray' one more time and I'll kick your ass, you hear me?"

Michael said...

It was just announced that Fred has a treatable form of lymphoma, but that it shouldn't interfere with his possible candidacy.