Friday, October 20, 2006

Showdown in Guyton

A lot's on the line tonight. I think it'll be a pretty low-scoring game, as both teams are evenly-matched and will try to control the ball for as long as possible. BC will of course keep it on the ground all night attempting to wear down the Mustang defense. Each week it seems the Cadets come close and closer to perfecting the wishbone. When a team lacks size and speed, constantly facing superior opponents, sheer discipline is all you have left to rely on, and that's what BC has demonstrated over the past few weeks.

But then again, what the hell do I know about this stuff. I was a damn waterboy for Christ's sake. I guess I'll just jump on the Ryan Smith bandwagon of talking nonsense about a sport I was too scared to play.

Prediction:

BC - 21
South Effin'ham - 17

P.S. - I had a good 10-15 minute one-on-one discussion with Justice Thomas this morning at a Federalist Society meeting. We talked a lot about BC and Savannah. More on this later.

1 comment:

tim said...

Pat, I will buy you 10 drinks the next time we go to Power Hour if you get the exact score again.
Also, did Clarence put a pubic hair on your coke can today?