Monday, November 20, 2006

Bombs = Funny?

Two Country Day students brought a homemade bomb to school as a "prank." The way the story is shaping up is one kid made it and brought it to school to give it to another kid on Thursday. That kid took it home. When a teacher found out about it, she asked the kid to bring it back on Friday. The bomb was then locked in a safe on campus for over a day until the school's headmaster, Tom Bonnell, called police. He said the reason for the wait was to determine the best course of action, however the police report stated that Bonnell requested that police "keep it quiet."

The description of the bomb itself was scary. This kid knew what he was doing. Maybe Country Day isn't a bunch of hippies after all.

The full story by Adam Crisp can be found on SavannahNow.com.

4 comments:

HANK said...

Are these students Muslim?

TC said...

They are still a bunch of hippies.

Joe said...

The paper said today that the three kids involved in the bombs construction could face up to 20 years. That won't happen, but these kids are in deep shit.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a contributor to this blog so I don't know if I can still commment but here goes...

BC will never receive another dime from me (100% donation rate to Annual Fund since graduation) if they pull a St. Vincents and take SCDS's rejects again. Will, can I receive some assurance that this will not happen?

On a lighter note, things I wanted to say to the cop that pulled me for going 15 over in Sparta when he asked me why I was being stopped:

1)Because I'm white
2)Because of the large amount of cocaine in the back of my car

You guys write some good stuff keep it up...