Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Man of the Year Poll

Ok. Either we have more readers than I thought, or people are abusing the voting process and casting more than one ballot. This is not American Idol. We are sticking to the one man, one vote principle here. Pat is running the poll and has figured out a way to accurately count and disallow multiple votes.

Cheaters never prosper, punk.

Also, next year, we need a new poll. Not because of the multiple vote issue, but because this Bravenet shit is causing pop-ups.

4 comments:

Patrick said...

Basically what happens is every time someone votes I get an email saying who the vote is for and whose IP address it's coming from. I'm saving every email I get.

What I will do is take all the emails I get before midnight on New Year's Eve and count it by "one man, one vote."

In other words, the poll results that are showing right now aren't accurate. Next year I'll look into getting a poll that prevents people from voting more than once, if there is such a thing.

Michael said...

Just an FYI, when you vote on say ESPN.com or whatever, and it only lets you vote once, you can usually clear out your cache/cookies and vote again. I assume you could use this to get around a new voting system if we used one. I have way too much time on my hands.

Joe said...

Nerd.

Patrick said...

Don't worry. Rick doesn't know how to do that.