Monday, December 11, 2006

The Most Ridiculous Item of the Week


In imitation of the brilliance that is Joe Wood, I'll ill be attempting to write a weekly series as well. I most likely will not come through every week, so feel free to post a ridiculous item on my behalf at any time.
Also, the idea of "The Most Ridiculous Item of the Week" is based on Bill O'Reilly's "The Most Ridiculous Item of the Day." As Ryan can tell you, Stephen Leonard is not original and has little, if any, creativity. Here we go....

Why Mommy is a Democrat


This ridiculous item caught my eye as I was surfing conservative blogs the other day. At first glance, I was positive that this children's book was some ingenious conservative joke. But on the contrary, the book is genuine. I spent a full hour with my jaw dropped, checking out the whole website. Be sure to check out the three sample pages. Simply amazing.
Why is this book ridiculous? Because the author fails to address the proven failure of every liberal ideal.
If someone wants to buy a Christmas present for me, I'd love to have this. God knows I won't give money to this wacko.

P.S. Be sure to read the testimonials. Notice how a writer for The Daily Show is a contributor.


1 comment:

Patrick said...

I haven't even read the book and I already know what it will say: "Because she bases everything on emotion instead of logic. She feels, but doesn't think. She fails to understand that ideas have consequences."

All of this reminds me of yet another Winston Churchill quote:

"If a man isn't liberal at the age of 20, he must have no heart. If a man isn't conservative by the age of 40, he must have no brain."