Thursday, March 08, 2007

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose


After last night's "bye" week I am going through Friday Night Lights withdrawal. Then I took it upon myself to watch 4 straight previous episodes I've already seen online last night. This is the best goddamn show on TV.

I don't mean to politicize things, as I always tend to do, but I think this show is pure Red State America: hot girls, belief in God, caring more about sports than academic/intellectual BS, humility, raising hell, high school kids drinking Budweiser and not Starbucks. It's a far cry from the OC or Grace and Will or Sex in the City or whatever. It's the most realistic show I've seen on TV in a long-ass time. Hell, it may even be the first realistic show I've ever seen on TV.

So, for all of ya'll that haven't watched the past 16 episodes, do yourself a favor and catch up by going to NBC.com/fnl, where you can watch all them there. And after that, tune in on Wednesday nights at 8pm on NBC.

9 comments:

Ryan said...

Amen. They had already gotten hammered by American Idol the past two Wednesdays, so they decided to avoid the last head-to-head. From now on it won't be up against Idol, so hopefully the ratings will go back up to ensure it gets a second season. Best show ever.

Just to clarify, if I were only allowed to own one show on DVD for the rest of my life, I'd choose Friday Night Lights. Yes - over 24, Lost, or anything else. Pretty much anyone who is my friend and is not watching this show really doesn't know what they're missing.

Joe said...

I'm still not going to watch it.

HANK said...

Amen. Amen, I say to you. This post sucks.

tim said...

Who is Stephen?

HANK said...

I don't really think this post sucks. I have no opinion, but I'm trying to make a point.

ever since I've been gone, you people have become too nice and "oh gee Ryan, you make a good point."

cut that stuff out. Someone needs to be a mean a-hole here. That's just the way it ought to be.

So, one of you step it up. Don't let Ryan, or anyone else, believe his thoughts are important.

Michael said...

I should have jabbed Ryan for those awful youtube posts. I apologize.

Ryan said...

Michael, we're still waiting for just that one post that shows why you're on the contributors list.

Stephen, watch out. The really widespread group of blog-subscribing 53-year-old accountants might fire you for saying the word "sucks" on the internet.

Michael said...

Ok, Ryan. Let me find some sweet Youtube clips that nobody will watch. Then I will truly be a contributor.

HANK said...

there you go Ryan, being mean is what has made us great. keep it up