Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Worst Song Ever Written By A Beatle


Behold, Imagine. Of course this is not a Beatles tune, but it was written by John Lennon. I caught this song on tv or in a movie recently and I immediately remembered having to sing it with the rest of my classmates for some assembly in the eighth grade. Had I known then what I know now, I would have protested and refused to sing. This song is nothing but an anthem to Communism. Just look at the lyrics.
Imagine theres no heaven,
Its easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
Living for today...
Imagine theres no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...
Imagine no possessions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...
You may say Im a dreamer,
But Im not the only one,
I hope some day you.ll join us,
And the world will live as one.
I only wish I was better informed back in eighth grade, but I just didn't know.

5 comments:

Patrick said...

The fact they made ya'll sing that at St. James is ridiculous. Not only is it anti-private property, it is totally anti-religion as well.

Lennon was the best and brightest Beatle until he went crazy in 1966. I guess that's what acid does.

Patrick said...

And just to further add to this, read this recent story about what teachers are telling their elementary school students in Seattle.

Very troubling, but not surprising.

Ryan said...

Wow. That is pretty Commie. I guess I never noticed since the music sucked to begin with.

tim said...

Joe, I remember vividly standing up there and not singing at all. Not because of the lyrics and everything but because it is retarded to make 8th graders sing anything.

Unknown said...

And what makes you think the lyrics are meant to be an expression of belief the words are true? (Maybe too much wine at first round ;) )