Sunday, March 18, 2007

Only 365 Days Left...


Above: Schwarz gives the camera his notorious "four" signal.


A pretty good parade yesterday. Weather was a little colder than most would have liked, but everything turned out fine.

The Good:
- The weather was okay.
- Sonny Dixon actually ended up being a decent guest speaker.
- The Oglethorpe Club to-go cups.
- Rick Schwarz is still alive.
- No one showed their ass. No arrests, DUIs, etc.

The Bad:
- It was damn near impossible to get a beer at Pinkie Master's (at least when I was there). I know this always seems to be the case, but this year it was beyond ridiculous.
- The barricades. It took what felt like an hour for me to get from the square to across the street. I'm sure it helped the parade move faster, but I don't think the benefits of this outweighed the costs.
- Compared to years past, no real drama or anything out of the ordinary. Except Aaron Bryan, who got in a nasty fight with one of the shrubs on the south side of Chippewa Square. And apparently Stephen and Schwarz got punched out by two Boston guys at McDonough's.

Overall Grade: B+

Quote of the Night: "I'll do whatever the hell I want, because you know what, I'm Michael Reardon and there's nothing anybody can do about that." - Michael Reardon

Thoughts and comments welcome, as always.

1 comment:

Michael said...

We won't mention anything about Reardon making out with random girl who knocked on our door at the Desoto to use the bathroom. Or Will puking his ass off at 4 in the afternoon. I got drunk enough that I couldn't find my way back from McDonoughs to the Desoto at 1 in the morning, even though they are about two blocks apart. Ruined my favorite shirt, and my green blazer is still in question.