Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The Greatest Action Movie Ever Made.


That's right, I said it. And I said it with confidence because this movie ousted my previous champion, Terminator 2.
Everything about this film was excellent. The action sequences were tight, seamless, and well paced. The parts in between were filled with interesting, natural and coherent dialogue. Comic relief is essential to a good action film and Transformers delivers with jokes and gags that are neither forced nor contrived. The love story between Sam and Mikaela is subtly woven into the story and not the focal point of it. As a bonus, Mikaela is played by the SMOKING hot Megan Fox. There was really no need for them to cast such a hottie, but that's icing on the cake.
Ironically enough, Transformers doesn't try to be something it's not. This is a movie about cars that turn into walking, talking, fighting robots. This film was made purely for the enjoyment of the viewers, which is what one would expect from a Bay-Spielberg combo.
In closing, I'd just like to reiterate that this is the best action movie ever made. If you haven't seen it, do youself a favor and go see it. If you have, go see it again. I know I will.

2 comments:

Ty said...

I thought it was great, but it could have been a steaming pile of crap and the super-hot Megan Fox would still have made that movie worth it. However, I think Live Free or Die Hard gives Transformers a run for its money...

Ryan said...

Joe speaks 100% truth. I believe I also have let it take the Best Action Movie Ever crown.