Friday, August 10, 2007

The Harrington Era


Obviously, I know as much about football as I do about tariffs and free trade. But it doesn't take a genius to know what a loser, in every sense, that Michael Vick is. Here are some cute statistics:

Total record as a starter (regular season): 38-28-1 (.575)
Total record as a starter (playoffs): 2-2 (.500)
Total record against playoffs-qualified teams (regular season): 4-19-1 (.173)

Wins:
Of his 38 wins during regular season:
34 were against teams not going to playoffs
4 were against teams going to playoffs

Records when trailing:
Career record when trailing at halftime as starter: 5-21-1
Career record when trailing at the end of 3rd quarter: 3-25-1

I'm sure Joey Harrington's numbers are worse, but there's no ridiculous pretense in how Harrington is perceived as an athlete like there is with Vick. So I'd like for you guys to join me in rooting for a very specific goal this year. In 2005, Vick led the team to an 8-8 record, and last year to a 7-9 record. For this season, I will root hard for Harrington to get 8 wins - no more, no less. As much crap as this guy gets, it would be irrefutable evidence that Vick is truly overrated and unnecessary. In fact, I will throw a big party if Joey Harrington reaches 8 wins. And by big party I mean Pat, since he's the only one who lives in Athens.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

What's Gene Dotson doing these days? He'd be my pick.