Friday, August 10, 2007

You Got Listserved 8/10/07

After this particular email I received today, I realized how many ridiculous emails I get being on two different listservs for the University. If you've never had the displeasure of being on a listserv, it's just an email list that you're required to be a part of in order to receive announcements, but it's ripe for abuse by bored office drones desperately trying to be heard for once in their life. The two I am on are both basically the same thing - other UGA staff members complaining about anything and everything. So maybe if I can think to keep doing it, I'll post some more in the future.

Subject: "new watering schedule"

Today must be the University's day for watering. I saw a man at the stadium watering the bleachers. I don't see why I can't water my plants, that desperately need it, when the stadium isn't even alive. I know that they want to start the season off right, without any vomit on the seats, but really...

No comments: