Sunday, September 24, 2006

College Football Thoughts

While I am sitting around trying not to study, I figured that I should just post some random thoughts on this college football weekend.
-ABC Night Game. Ok, I have two questions. How long has college football been around, and how long has TV been around? Because it took that long for ABC to figure out that putting a Saturday night game on TV would be a big hit. I mean these guys are just straight retards. I have been saying for years that one of the networks should pick up one of the big games from the weekend and play it on Saturday night. With that said, I'm glad they've finally done this because it cuts down on the amount of channels that I have to flip between. And not to mention that the games have been pretty good. Last nights Notre Dame game is on the top of the list for most entertaining this season. Notre Dame should have had no chance down 16 with about 8 mintues or so left(not exactly sure how much time was left). That combined with the wind and rain made this game just straight silly.
-Speaking of silly, Georgia should have lost to one of the worst teams in college football yesterday. You had to see this coming. The entire week everyone was talking about another shutout for the defense and the dumbass mascots. I really don't think we are as bad as we looked yesterday on offense. We had some suspect play calling(very few run plays) and some dropped passes. It was cool for Cox to come in and save the game but I am really annoyed because I don't want to have to listen to the QB contraversy bullshit for another couple of weeks. It was Richt's play calling and the WRs that made Stafford look so bad. I think we can still beat UT in two weeks but we really need a starting QB
-I thought that Tech's throwback helmet and different shade of gold jerseys looked pretty good. I know this would probably won't happen but I think they should go to those more often. I am curious to know what Tech fans thought about them.
-

1 comment:

Michael said...

I liked the old Tech unis, but don't look for them to be back any time soon. All of the helmets are being auctioned off.