Friday, February 25, 2005

Cafeteria Style

I woke up this morning, flipped on Fox News (as usual), where they were continuing to milk the story about the Pope being hospitalized for the 34,294th time.

My idea of religion has always been to do things only for the benefit of yourself or the benefit of others. Anything else is a waste of time and money. A 95-year old, senile Polish guy and some rule about not eating meat on Fridays fits nowhere into this equation.

With that in mind, I drove up to the Hardee's on North Avenue and got me one of them big, juicy, $6.00 Angus Monster Thickburgers. The only sin I committed was not being able to finish it all.

4 comments:

HANK said...

Wow, that sounds mighty liberal of you Pat. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were a sociology major with that "...or the benefit of others." part or your idea of religion. You're such a rebel.

Patrick said...

No, no, no. When I say "benefit of others" I mean it in a selfish, capitalist way, don't worry man.

Bill Gates has done 1,000 times more good for this world than Mother Teresa could have ever done.

Ryan said...

I am very proud of you Pat. One of the most logical things you've ever said.

Anonymous said...

Apparently you since you don't distinguish between religion and relation, you can make the claim about Bill Gates...