Wednesday, February 23, 2005

An Experience in Folk Medicine

I was sitting in my Folk Medicine class today, and we were talking about organ transplants and what other cultures thought about them. Some cultures believe that if you receive an organ transplant, part of the donor's spirit is now apart of you. This could entail things such as memories, etc. During this discussion this girl raises her hand and says that her mother received a lung transplant a few years back, and the donor happened to be a fifteen year old Mexican boy. The girl said that after the transplant her mother has had an insatiable appetite for tacos ever since.
This story poses two questions. Who the hell is this girl and why the hell did she open her mouth? I know if I was that stupid or had something that dumb to say, I would just bite my tongue. There are some retarded ass people in this world.

7 comments:

Patrick said...

The funny thing is, either of us would have said something like that as a joke, but she was dead serious.

tim said...

She was very serious. If she would have been joking that would have been by far the funniest thing i have ever heard.

Pinkie said...

What an ignorant cunt!

Michael said...

Must........not.........make......UGA........comment.......

HANK said...

This might be the same girl that said to me in disgust, "Like, oh ma Gaawd. You don't know where the Quick Trip in Lawranceville isss?"

Patrick said...

Atlanta kids tend to forget that there's this whole other STATE out there called Georgia. I swear I was sitting next to this metro Atl girl yesterday in my Georgia history class who had never heard of Brunswick before. But I bet she sure as hell knows where Huntingoakwoodridgemont Parkway is, and when to get off on exit 175B right next to Joe's Crab Shack, a fine Atlanta seafood tradition, founded in 1997.

Michael said...

Joe's Crab Shack is the T.G.I. Fridays of seafood. I hate T.G.I. Fridays.