Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Salutations.

Greetings fellow Bloggernites. I am honored to be apart of this blog which upholds my core beliefs as a Savannahian. As I look out my office window on East Broad St., across the festive projects of east Savannah, I ask myself "Why is this blog important?" Suddenly, I had terrifying flash backs of Georgia State University. "Jared the Gel- Head" is trying to convince me that the "progressive movement" benefits the common good, then ten minutes later he's bragging how his CEO dad from Cincinnati has just shelled out for his souped- up Toyota Landcruiser "wit rims." My thoughts at that time were endearing to me. Jared has no idea of what is right or wrong, traditional or new age, sacred or blasphemous, and even the importance of July 3rd. We need this blog for all the Jareds to know the goodness that exists in the Coastal Empire. Yes Pat, I will do my best to inform Jared of limited Government, James Brown, low taxes, PBR, Al Green, short shorts (without 8 cargo pockets), The Horse, Sperry Top Siders, no same sex marriage, Sam Cook, Chippewa Square, and B.C. Athletics.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

What's July 3rd, Independence Day Eve?

Pinkie said...

July 3rd is when they shoot off the fireworks at Tybee and one of three "beach weekends" during the summer.

That was strike one, Ryan. Two more and your ass will be thrown off this blog.

Patrick said...

Agreed. Two more and Smith will be out of here faster than you can say "Smashing Pumpkins."