Monday, February 28, 2005

Plan B

Before this weekend, two girls had proposed the idea of getting married if we are in our thirties and still single. Well, it happened again Saturday night. However, the age limit was lowered to 29 and a yearly income clause was added. These gestures are intended as compliments, no doubt, and I am certainly flattered. But a hidden message lies within these proposed marriages. "If we're 30 and still single, we definitly need to get married." Translation : "I like you as a friend and love spending time with you but a short, balding redhead just doesn't fit into my agenda right now. In the future, If I've had bad luck with men and am desperate for some children and/or money, I'll give you a call."

On a side note, my latest engagement took place at a bar & grill in Atlanta called Stool Pigeons. One of the menu items was the Wahoo Fish Taco. Of course, I had to order it.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

If one of those lucky girls was Ms. Brittany Reardon, don't get down on yourself. We all know Ryan scarred her for life and that's why she doesn't want to even want to consider getting married for at least another decade.

Ryan said...

Hey, she made me watch Powerpuff Girls. Where's my pity?