Friday, January 19, 2007

And the Winner Is...

JACK HOLLAND

Jack edged out his cousin by one half of a point to win the t-shirt!

Here are the results:
Jack Holland: 22.5
Pat Holland: 22
Larry Conneff: 20
Joe Wood: 19.5
Rick Schwarz: 18.5
Stephen Leonard: 17
Patrick McCarthy: 16
Tim Wallace: 15.5
Nick Sabogal: 11.5
Ryan Smith: Didn't want to get embarrased.


Here is the key I used. If you disagree with my grading, do what Coach Curley says:

"Take your F like a man."

1. Maroon & White (If you said Gray, you got it wrong.)

2. 1902

3. Josh Mallard; 58

4. Savannah High

5. Thanksgiving Day

6. A lion and 10 stars; the lion represents Father Leo Haid and the 10 stars represent the 10 monks that accompanies him to start the school. (If you said St. Leo or Bishop Leo, you got it wrong.)

7. Benedictine College

8. St. Vincent's Archabbey; Latrobe, PA (I needed "St. Vincent's Archabbey." Not "St. Vincent's College" or just "Archabbey.")

9. Baseball & Golf was what I was looking for, but I forgot about the Drill Team. I gave one point each for any of those three.

10. December 7th

Lightning Round: There are 14 total. When I originally wrote the question, I was thinking of full-time employees, of which we have 7 alumni. I gave a half point for part-time employees. I have put astericks by the part-time guys.
Jim Blakewood* (Fr. Football)
Bobby Cannon (History, Basketball, Baseball)
Tommy Cannon (Dean, Basketball, Golf)
Harry Deal* (Substitute)
Will Fleming (Admissions)
Chris Foran* (Football)
Terrence Hennessy* (Football, Wrestling)
Bob Herndon (Football)
Donald Joyce* (Football)
Albert Lodge* (Baseball)
LTC Owens (SAI)
Dennis Rooks (President)
Harry South* (Fr. Football)
Mark Stroud (Football)


I also want to say that I was surprised that Mr. Curley's class did as well as they did. Hats off to them.

4 comments:

tim said...

I got worked on the lightning round.

HANK said...

Remember Will, Pat Holland's dad reminded us at the BC/Burke County game that Harry Deal never graduated from BC. So, does this factor into your scores? Are you counting Harry? If so, that is a very bad Deal.

Also, not being a BC graduate is the reason Harry created the "Wall of Honor.", so he and other like-minded crackers can put themselves on parade without having sound qualifications.

Pinkie said...

The legitimacy of Harry Deal's claim to alumni status is questionable. However, both Jack and Pat listed him, so it would not have made a difference in the final score

I also forgot to mention that the question about the notorious cheater was a joke. I wasn't counting it in the quiz. The answer was Flynn Miller.

Ryan said...

I knew it was Flynn "Big Lean" Miller.