Saturday, January 27, 2007

Vox Populi: Gems of the Week

Sorry these are a little late. I was working in the 'Ham yesterday and they don't have the internet out there yet. Here they are, the Gems of the Week.

Dishonorable Mention:
"I just had the best sandwich I've ever had at Southern Comfort, the new delicatessen on Wilmington Island."

Dishonorable Mention:
"What is the past tense of blow dry, as in blow dry your hair?"

Dishonorable Mention:
"I would like for everyone to call Colonial Oil and ask why they have not lowered the price of gas. Wholesale prices have dropped and it is about time we get some relief around here."

Second Runner-up:
"To prevent an old building from becoming a slum, start by fixing the broken windows. To prevent a city from becoming overcome by crime, start by ticketing the speeders."
- Won’t work. I speed and I don’t shoot people.

First Runner-up:
"I've noticed that all of my clothes are made in other countries. So why is everything priced so high? The media says that Third World countries lack resources and education. How are these countries able to make better quality and more expensive products than America? I don't get it."
- However they do it, it’s working.

And your Gem of the Week”
"I'm visiting from out of town with a new Camry hybrid. I went to Oglethorpe Commons and found a spot just for hybrid cars to park. Way to go, Savannah."
- I hate you. Not just for the fact that you drive a hybrid car, but the fact you had to condescend to congratulate us for something. Go back to where you came from.

Happy Saturday, folks. See you at the party.

1 comment:

Barstool69 said...

Hybrids you say? South Park has tackled this topic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOKmPKFxkNE