Thursday, January 18, 2007

Tim's Top Ten

I don't know if ya'll are feeling it yet, but I am already missing college football. So, I decided to do my own top ten for next year to hold us over for the next 7 and a half months.

1. USC-Should have been in the title game this year and had they been I can almost guarantee you they would have won due to a very slow Ohio State team. Almost their entire defense is returning. They do have to replace their number one and two receivers, but I am pretty sure the talent is there.
2. LSU-Lots of talent just like USC. I think Perilloux should be able to step in, but watch for their defense to carry them early on while he goes through some growing pains.
3. Michigan-They should be able to get through the Big Ten pretty easily with the Senior leadership of Henne and Hart. I think they beat OSU this year and go to either the Rose or Sugar where they will be beat either by USC or an SEC team.
4. Texas-The Fighting Malcom in the Middles(Colt McCoy and Co.) will make their own push for the title game which is in the Sugar bowl this year. They haven't been since '95 where they lost to Virginia Tech.
5. Florida-They got lucky this year. USC should have been in the title game if they wouldn't have blown it against UCLA. Their defense looses almost everyone which was their strength this year. Also, I don't want to say that Tebow isn't any great, but I would like to see him win a game at Quarterback rather than Fullback.
6. Nebraska-This is probably way high, but I like their offense next year with Arizona State transfer Sam Keller. It will be much better with him than Zac Taylor
7. Virginia Tech-The ACC is going to be terrible again this year as well. With that defense, they should be in a BCS game unless their offense implodes like in the bowl game this year.
8. Lousville-Their offense should be great again this year with Brohm returning. Who cares about Petrino? He made a great career move to coach a weed smoking coach killer.
9. Ohio State-This is just out of courtesy since they were in the championship game this year. I think they are going to suck, but I don't know who else to put above them.
10. Oklahoma-Pretty good talent everywhere but at Quarterback. They might have to go with a true freshman.

Almost in:
Georgia-would be in the top ten if it wasn't for the questions at O-line. This is a top five team with a good O-line but might not be in the top 15 or 20 if the JUCOs turn out to be duds.
Hawaii-I really like to watch this team with Colt Brennan. They will climb high in the ranking because they play in the WAC.
Auburn-Also has O-line questions, and they are loosing the Irons brothers.
Tennessee-I hesitate to put them in the top ten because on Ainge's inconsistency, but we all know he will show up against Georgia.
Arkansas-McFadden will lead a ground laden attack. Mitch Mustain made a bad decision in transferring because I don't think Casey Dick is the cock of the walk.

No comments: