Friday, January 12, 2007

TC is Married

I'd like to congratulate once again the first member of BMBS to get married: TC Madison. The whole weekend was awesome, and future wedding celebrations will be hard-pressed to top it. I'd like everyone to contribute any sort of observation, notes, or wise-ass comments about the weekend here. Some of mine will already be familiar to a few of you, so I apologize for the repetition.

-This was my first time meeting Father O'Brien, and let me tell you - that man is sharp. And by that I mean, he could smell my non-Catholicism the second he met me. I was kind of embarrassed.
-As Joe correctly pointed out, it is impossible for both Chris Lane and I to not be late to something when we are riding together. Also, it is impossible for the two of us to appear heterosexual, as the wedding included several instances of uncomfortable teaming up.
-Crossing your arms across your chest and bowing Lord of the Rings-style is much cooler than the Catholic body-touching thing.
-After actively giving backhand insults to tourists by waving at trolleys yelling, "Hi, y'all! Welcome to Savannah!" we receive an unsolicited gem. As the wedding party drank champagne on the trolley in front of the cathedral, a yankee tourist exclaimed, "This is so Savannah!" and later repeats, "This is so Savannah, Georgia."
-For some reason, I ate none of the food at the reception (sorry, TC) and drank about 8-10 beers. This resulted in an obvious choke-up during my toast and any eye-watering afterward. I apologize for making it uncomfortable for the people who have no emotions. It also caused me to end up on a taxi to the Atlanta kids' hotel for some reason, where I took a step back in time and called my mother to pick me up.
-I caught the garter standing next to tall people like Joe.
-Any reception from here on out must have an open bar. That worked.
-TC gave us great gifts.
-Whose beard looks better? Honestly, mine when its grown out, or Pat Whitledge's? Come on.

And start posting any good pictures if you have them.

5 comments:

Michael said...

Nothing to contribute because I think my invitation got lost in the mail. But that's ok. I think I have 6 other weddings this year to try and make up for it.

Patrick said...

Ate 2 of those doughnuts before realizing I wasn't supposed to. Something about it being a groomers cake or something. Not even sure what that is, but either way I apologize TC.

Kickass wedding and party and everything. Really set the standard. Everybody from here on out will simply be trying copying yours when they do theirs because they know it worked out perfect.

HANK said...

And I really liked the straight combs in the bathroom, swimming in the antiseptic fluid. I brushed my hair twice, I think.

HANK said...

It really was a great wedding. I want a copy of the BC picture. I remember some old guy running up to me, asking permission to be in the picture.

TC said...

thanks fellas, I'm glad yall had a great time. Ryan, Aiken told me how he sat with you for a while until you decided to call your mom. I bet that was a fun car ride home.