Friday, January 19, 2007

Vox Populi: Gems of the Week

Off to a late start this year, oh well. Here is the first Gems installment of 2007:

Dishonorable Mention:
"I agree with Donald Trump. Rosie, you're fired."
- “Ha! Did you hear that? I just used The Donald’s catch-phrase! You’re fired! Get it? You’re fired, Rosie. You’re fired.”

Dishonorable Mention:
"Obesity is an epidemic in America, and you can see why because people drive their fat, road-hogging, gas-sucking SUVs to all-you-can-eat buffets, sit and eat as much as they can and then drive alone in a car that gets 8 miles to the gallon."
- What does gas mileage have to do with obesity?

Dishonorable Mention:
"I don't want to hear or read anything about O.J. Simpson. It is offensive to me."
- “Hearing anything about the man known as Orenthal James Simpson who may or may not have murdered his wife is offensive to me as a person and a citizen. I am peeved by this. You don’t have the right to offend me by speaking about “The Juice” in my presence.”

Third Runner-up:
"New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin announced the setting up of anti-crime checkpoints throughout the city to deter crime. Wouldn't it be nice if our own mayor would come up with a specific initiative to reduce crime in Savannah?"
- Ray Nagin sucks as a Mayor. Yeah, he was Mayor of New Orleans during and after Katrina. Great job on that one.

Second Runner-up:
"I can't wait for the kids skating with shoe skates to run into me at the grocery store or hospital because I will sue their parents. You should not let kids skate in a public place. Ken Nugent, one call that's all."
- “Ken Nugent gonna SUPA-SIZE my settlement!” Seriously though, why would kids be skating at the hospital?

First Runner-up:
"The corner of East Broad and Anderson Street is an eyesore and the city needs to beautify it and maybe put a nice shopping area there."
- No. The City doesn’t need to build or do anything. Eventually, someone will buy the property and put in their own shopping area or whatever they decide. Stop looking to the government to fix things; they just want your money. Besides, that intersection is still in a pretty rough area. Whatever is put their will get trashed and/or robbed within a matter of weeks.

And your Gem of the Week:
"If the meter maids would get off of their go carts and check the tickets on the dashboards, they would find that four out of five regulars use old tickets."
- Shut up, asshole. I do that. And are you really tattling to the Parking Nazis? You’re a loser. I’ll bet you called into Vox because nobody else would answer you calls. Was Moviefone busy? Get a life.

Happy Friday, folks.

No comments: