Thursday, February 15, 2007

Netflix

I just got Netflix about two weeks ago, and it has been pretty awesome so far. It is really nice in a town where there isn't that much to do. Because of this, I am going to start commenting on some of the movies I see.
The Usual Suspects
I watched this for the first time last night believe it or not. Has a solid performance by Kevin Spacey and a pretty nice twist at the end. I guessed the twist about half way through so it kind of lost a little luster because of that. I rate it 3/5. I would recommend it if you haven't seen it yet especially if it is on HBO or something.
The Bourne Identity/Supremecy
I wathced these this past weekend. Matt Damon isn't as big of a puss as you would think he would be, and the plots aren't half bad. I give it a 2/5 and think that these are Saturday morning hangover movies.
Murderball
This is a documentary on wheelchair rugby. It does a solid job of depicting the player's triumphs on the court as well as their struggles in coping with their disability. There are some great spots of comic relieve in this as well. Rating: 4/5.

11 comments:

HANK said...

This post sucks.

Ryan said...

God, I hate Stephen sometimes.

The Usual Suspects isn't nearly as good the second time. And the Bourne movies are pretty underrated, but you're right - they are good for next-morning-hangover viewing.

If Murderball is anywhere as entertaining as Herc in Friday Night Lights, then I'll have to see it.

MacKenzie said...

Ryan thinks that Kevin Spacey is gay and that this is something that everyone just "knows," but I think he's wrong.

Michael said...

Kevin Spacey IS gay.

Pinkie said...

Check out the Pinkie Masters group on Myspace. There is a post about celebrity sitings at the bar and Kevin Spacey's gay antics. If you don't have a Myspace account, too fucking bad.

HANK said...

Whoa! Watch the f-bomb. BMBS is a family friendly zone.

Barstool69 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tim said...

Yeah, I saw it in when it came out and I also bought it the other day. It may be the best movie I have ever seen. Also, I am going to do these post all the time now just to piss Stephen off. Leave it up to Stephen to hate quality entertainment or anything fun for that matter.

tim said...

Also, I think Stephen is just upset that I made fun of his "cherry flavored water" city.

MacKenzie said...

Will, this is disturbing news, but I guess I have no choice but to check it out and discover the truth.

Pinkie said...

The Departed was great, but they put way too much focus on the text-messaging going on in the movie.