Sunday, February 04, 2007

New Name, Same Great Taste

Most of ya'll know that my favorite all-around place to eat in Athens by far is Achim's K-Bob. Back in the Fall, Achim changed his restaurant's name to "Uncle Otto's European Eatery" (this was a crucial event that I forgot to mention in last month's year in review).

Seeing that I talk to Achim about once a week (he's known me on a first-name basis since the Spring of 2004), he told me the reason for the name change is that he plans to start franchising in the near future, and there was some problem with the "K-Bob" trademark or something. Either way, he says a Savannah location may be in the works, possibly downtown, which means yet another Friday spot for me, Joe, Leonard, and Will. I did tell Achim he should try and place the store within a 2-minute walk of the Army Corp. of Engineers so that Stephen Bruce can come too. He says he'll try.

Anyway, here's the infamous commercial with newly-modified lyrics to reflect the name change:

5 comments:

PMac said...

If you had to choose, what would be the thing you recommend the most at this place? I've always wanted to go there, but always forget about it.

tim said...

I had the large half and half(chicken and beef) combo this weekend. It was excellent. Choosing a sauce is also very important. I always go with Creamy Feta or Zesty BBQ.

Patrick said...

Ditto to what Tim said. Mix combo w/ creamy feta. Best $8 you will ever spend.

PMac said...

Sounds good. I'll be checking that place out later this week. I appreciate it.

HANK said...

I personally enjoy the beef... with the olive sauce.

If you're a fan mayonnaise, Otto's is the place to be. I believe there are 50 different flavors.